What Is Orthobionomy?
Ortho-Bionomy® is a non-invasive, gentle manipulation technique to help align the body in able to return to its ideal state. It was founded in the early 1960’s by Dr Arthur Lincoln Pauls.
As an osteopath and martial arts instructor, he found that forceful manipulations and adjustments were just not doing the job, and following reading an article by Laurence Jones, he devised a softer, gentle manipulation which worked with the body, rather than against it.
It allows better communication between the nerves and the central nervous system. By moving and supporting the body in a comfortable position, its corrective reflexes is stimulated, which awakens the body’s healing ability by correcting itself.
By following the body’s preferred position and giving it what it wants, the body can correct itself faster with less tension and increase range of motion.
Ortho-Bionomy® is a holistic method that works with the body not against it. This technique can be approached either physically or energetically.
This treatment is done with clothes on as a treatment on its own or it can be combined with other modalities.
Some techniques applied in a session includes:
- Positional release;
- Checking range of motion;
- Gentle rocking;
- Isometric stretch;
- Static holding;
- Subtle or small movements;
- Energy work; and
- Postural re-education to name a few.
What Are The Benefits Of Ortho-bionomy?
Ortho-Bionomy® is a manipulation technique that is all-inclusive and available to people of any ages.
Some benefit includes:
- Relieves chronic muscle aches and tensions;
- Relaxes the body and reduces stress;
- Helps connect mind and body awareness;
- Reduces joint pains including arthritis;
- Improve structure and balance;
- Improves autoimmune disorders including fibromyalgia and thyroid imbalances; and
- Faster injury recovery time as well as feeling self-empowered and wholeness.